The D. W. Steele Chapter, AFA, is now accepting applications for its 2020 STEM Scholarship Grant program. Applicants will be evaluated on STEM focused studies, academic achievement, support of the Air Force mission (Active, Guard, Reserve, ROTC, JROTC, and CAP), demonstrated leadership, community involvement, and academic/career goals.
STEM Scholarship Grants:
- Are open to members of the Air Force (Active, Guard or Reserve) currently assigned to the National Capitol Region.
- Are open to members of the D.W. Steele Chapter, Air Force Association.
- Are open to the spouses and children of the above. (For graduating high school seniors, who have not declared a college major, the committee will evaluate students who state they plan to declare a STEM major).
- The D. W. Steele Chapter will award up to three grants. Two at $2000.00 and one at $1000.00 each. Awards will be based on the quality of the applicants.
- A list of STEM degrees can be found at http://stemdegreelist.com/stem-degree-list/. If you cannot find your major in this list, please contact us to determine if your major qualifies
For more information and to download a copy of the application STEM Scholarships go to the DW Steele Chapter scholarship website at:
Please insert new website here
– Download the 2020 STEM Scholarship Application [MS Word – 112KB]
Interested persons should complete the attached application and forward with appropriate attachments. Deadline for receipt of applications is june 1, 2020. Please note that application documents will not be returned.
Grant recipients will be recognized at a Chapter Membership Event to be determined.
Applications may be e-mailed to VA239.STEELE@afa.org.or mailed to Sonya Yelbert, 8704 Ashby Court, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772.
Please direct questions to Chris Cordes at 804-210-9005 or VA239.STEELE@afa.org.